Nonprofit arts and entertainment organization, Los Angeles, CA, 2017-present
Hammer Museum, Los Angeles, CA, 2016-2017
- Digital asset manager for Museum's collections, events and exhibitions assets.
- Implemented nightly metadata sync between museum's collections management system (TMS) and DAMS.
- Coordinated photography for museum's Digital Archive.
Dex Media, Santa Monica, CA (formerly DexOne, formerly Business.com), 2008-2016
- Created, maintained and optimized proprietary taxonomy for local search website.
- Developed and implemented taxonomy best practices.
- Search trend and query analysis.
- Arts, music, healthcare and automotive subject expert.
JupiterImages, South Pasadena, CA (formerly PictureArts), 2005-2008
Keywording and Metadata Specialist
- Developed and implemented controlled vocabulary hierarchy and methodology for stock photography library.
- Subject analysis, research and keywording of images to facilitate relevance in retrieval.
- Applied legal metadata for royalty-free and rights-managed images.
- Culinary and botanical collections subject expert.
Petersen Automotive Museum, Los Angeles, CA, 2003-2005
- Prepared records for incoming and outgoing loans.
- Assisted with accessioning and deaccessioning of artifacts.
- Assisted with exhibit installation and deinstallation.
- Condition reporting, storage, and handling of artifacts.
- Organized library and archives and provided reference services.
Survivors of the Shoah Visual History Foundation, Los Angeles, CA, 1997-2001
- Cataloging, subject analysis and assignment of controlled vocabulary keywords to oral history testimonies.
- Wrote concise summaries of testimonies.
- Extensive historical research and fact-checking using print and electronic resources.
- Subject expert in testimonies of child survivors.
MLIS, San José State University, San José, CA
Master’s of Library and Information Science, focusing on technology and archives. Elective coursework included: vocabulary design, archives and manuscripts, cataloging, EAD, HTML, database management, and information retrieval.
BA, California State University, Long Beach, CA
History major with a focus on women’s social history in Japan, France, and the United States. Received award for research paper demonstrating mastery of historical methodology.
- Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and Apple iCloud
- Proofreading, research and fact-checking
- Digital photography
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- SQL querying and updating
- Content management and web platforms, including WordPress and Squarespace
- HTML and CSS
- Social media including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and blogging platforms
- Familiarity with digital media file formats and FTP services
- Basic knowledge of French, Spanish, and Japanese